Friday, June 14, 2013

Sunsets Like No Other: Boracay 04/13



After my first trip to Boracay last November 2012, I was definitely left hung up and hell bent on visiting the island again. So when I was asked to cover the 16th Nestea Beach Volley Championships that was held there last March I jumped at the chance.

Boracay is a truly magical place. I'm a city girl by heart, but I love the beach almost--almost just as much, and being able to spend days in tropical paradise and still be able to feel the city vibe through various restaurants, clubs, hotels, and amenities that are typically lacking in the more private and isolated beach destinations, I am very much willing to overlook the overcrowding-- it isn't as bad as some people make it out to be.





The hotel we stayed in was located in Diniwid beach, which is much more secluded and about 1-2 kilometers away from the famous White Beach. It was quite a distance from where the event was being held at Station 1, but the hotel did offer a free shuttle service for their guests.






Unlike my first trip this time around I had work to do. Covering volleyball games from 7AM until 5PM under the scorching sun is no easy feat, although with great company and sunsets like these to look forward to, it makes everything worth it.




These are just some of the photos I took during the 3-day event. If you're a beach volley fan then you probably have noticed that all three photos are of players from Cebu, no I'm not biased, it just so happens that in the men's division, University of the Visayas, University of San Jose-Recoletos, and Southwestern University bagged the first, second, and third place respectively.

Keep calm, and paddle on.




After three days of non-stop work for both the media and players alike, Nestea prepared a party like no other for us to relax and unwind before our flight back home. The victory party showcased famous DJs like Callum David, and international artist, Jay Sean.



We work hard, we party hard. Jay Sean performing at the Nestea Summer Blowout Victory Party.





After partying the night away we decided to walk all the way from Club Paraw to our hotel in Diniwid Beach via the coastline. It was definitely an adventure with slippery slopes and pitch black pathways, but we survived.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment