Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Operation Smile





Operation Smile is a charity organization that helps children from all over the world who suffer from cleft lip, cleft palate, and other facial deformities; leaving a lasting legacy and a world of smiles.

Having a background in the medical field makes documenting events like this even more special. People who have just recently met me are often surprised that I have a degree in nursing. They would always assume that I've been a photographer and writer all my life. I have always been a firm believer of free health care for everyone. A few months after I got my professional license, I volunteered at a public hospital back in the Philippines. It opened my eyes to the harsh realities of life, which only fueled my penchant to lend my eyes to the public through photography and create awareness.






































No comments:

Post a Comment