Monday, August 26, 2013

Abdicate, v.



Three years, the length of time I stopped cutting my hair. Although I would tell people I just wanted to wear it long, it wasn't the case.

Three years, the length of time I tried to preserve a memory. But now it was getting too heavy, weighing me down like an iron ball to my ankle, instead of being a crown of glory on my head. I did not stop to realize that it was a memory I did not need.

Three minutes, the length of time it took for me to cut my hair. I was free, and now it's time to make new memories to keep-- and this time, in timelessness.




I've been losing quite a lot of things lately, important things, things I know I might never get back. Photography has always been a great reprieve whenever I feel sullen. These photos were taken at Wat Botum Park; I was there for the Izzi sampling. It was a breath of fresh air seeing quite a number of families and parents bringing their children to play in the park. You don't get to see much of that in the Philippines. Kids these days are often cooped up in their rooms playing video games or hanging out in malls with their friends.



More photos after the jump...


Palm reading by the sidewalk.





The men behind Galip Media






No comments:

Post a Comment