Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Back to Basics





I haven't done documentaries in quite some time, I haven't travelled to a new place in a month as well, come to think of it, I haven't been doing the things I love lately.

There's always a thin line when it comes to doing what you love because it makes you happy and doing what you love for the money. Most people would probably think that it's great to be able to do the things you're passionate about and get paid for it-- but when your craft becomes a money making venture, you can sometimes lose the essence of why you do it in the first place. It becomes less fun and more frustrating. And for any creative person, that's when shit hits the fan.

Others are lucky, though, they are able to distinguish that fine line. I still have to practice my practice, and remember, always, to do the things I am passionate about for myself and not for anyone else.


No comments:

Post a Comment